Since 2009, I have periodically served as the photographer for several Northern Virginia charities. Here are some of the events I’ve covered:
- October 17, 2009: Reston Interfaith Help the Homeless Walk
- November 21, 2009: Reston Interfaith Thanksgiving Food Drive
- August 21, 2010: FACETS On Target
- October 23, 2010: FACETS A Taste of Fall
- November 7, 2010: FACETS Help the Homeless Walk
- February 17, 2011: Fall in Love with FACETS
- October 21, 2011: FACETS A Taste of Fall
- December 10, 2011: Reston Chamber of Commerce Tinsel & ‘Tinis Xmas Party
- February 2, 2012: Reston Interfaith Best of Reston Kickoff
- March 11, 2012: Let’s Help Kids Annual Gala
- April 12, 2012: Reston Interfaith Best of Reston
After each event, I give the charity all of the photographs to use however they like. You can see a very small selection of the photographs published on my Flickr page here.
Here is some information about each of the charities (quoted from their websites) below:
About Reston Interfaith
“Reston Interfaith has assisted over 250,000 people in need since 1970. Reston Interfaith helps people build more stable lives by connecting them to vital resources that solve their needs for housing, childcare, food or financial assistance.” Learn more about Reston Interfaith here.
“Helping parents, their children, and individuals who suffer the effects of poverty in the Fairfax, Virginia area since 1988.” Learn more about FACETS here.