Digital Marketing ToolboxTools are only useful if you know what to do with them. Below you'll find a list of the tools that we find useful right now for search engine marketing, search engine optimization, and other digital marketing tasks.
- Google Trends — discover trends by taking the world’s pulse with this tool.
- Google Keyword Planner — the first place you should go to start your keyword research.
- Keyword Grouping Tool — sorts jumbled keyword lists into interesting “groups” for you.
- Keyword Typo Generator — generates various common misspellings of keywords.
- Open Site Explorer — discover where your competitors are getting their inbound links.
- Ubersuggest — gives you all the Google auto-complete words for a base keyword.
- SEM Rush — provides valuable info on what you currently rank for, among other things.
- Bing Webmaster Tools — should be required for any website.
- Bizible — autotagging for Bing Ads.
- Google Search Console (fka Google Webmaster Tools — should be required for any website.
- Google News Alerts — should be required for any ongoing PR campaign.
- Pingdom — monitor a website’s “uptime.” Should be required for any website.
- Uptime Robot – monitor a website’s “uptime” – like Pingdom.
- Trademark Complaint Form — lodge a complaint against a competitor’s ads.
SEO Audit Tools
- Bad Neighborhood Checker — find out if any of the links on your website are dead OR malicious.
- Blacklist Check (website) — find out if your host or an IP address has been blacklisted.
- Broken Link and Image Checker — self-explanatory, and very useful to check your website.
- CopyScape — find out if someone has scraped your website’s content.
- Google Analytics Debugger — tells you exactly what problems exist in your analytics tags.
- Google Tag Assistant — let’s you see exactly what tags are on any page.
- MetaTag Analyzer — get a quick diagnosis of your website’s metatags.
- SEO Browser — see your website as a search engine would see it
- URL Redirect Checker — find out if your website is getting hurt due to faulty 301-redirects.
- Safe Browsing Diagnostic — good way to diagnose your site through Google’s eyes.
- Screaming Frog — the tool of choice for on-page SEO analysis.
- Securi SiteCheck — find out if there is malware or other problems on your website.
- WooRank — free SEO audit checker for websites.
- PageSpeed Insight Tool — this helps you identify problems that slow your site from loading.
- Fetch as Google — this is a part of GSC but is so important it deserves its own listing.
- Google Test My Site — tests a website for mobile speed, desktop speed, and mobile friendliness.
- Google Mobile Friendly Test — tests a specific webpage for mobile friendliness.
- Google Page Analytics — provides a visual breakdown of where users are interacting on a webpage
- Reclaim Google Analytics — this let’s you recover access to an abandoned Google Analytics account.
- BuiltWith — this is a fun tool to run quick tests on websites.
- ChangeDetection — get pinged when your competitor updates their website.
- Domain Dossier — get all the info you want on a domain’s age, ownership, and history.
- MixRank — find out what your competitors ads look like, how long each has run.
- SpyFu — find out what keywords your competitors are buying, and how much they spending.
- Trademark Search — find out if someone has trademarked a word or phrase.
- Way Back Machine — here you’ll find what any website looked like back in the day.
- Follow – find display ads and other interesting things.
- Bulk Domain Search — for finding out domain name availability faster than one URL at a time.
- DownForEveryoneOrJustMe — we all need to know if a website is actually down, or if it’s just us.
- Website Spell Checker — find typos on a website.
- Google Analytics Event Code Generator — automatically generates the code for event tracking.
- Google URL Builder — create new URLs to track the ROI of email, social media, and other things.
- Facebook URL Builder — create new URLs to track the ROI of Facebook Ads
- Scrapy — scrape data from a website and put it in structured form.
- Percent calculator — no explanation necessary.
- What Is My IP Address — find your IP address (of computer or servers).
- GIF Optimizer — reduce the size of GIF files for display campaigns.
- Image Compressor — reduce the size of JPGs and PNGs for display campaigns.
- Adwords Wrapper — appends Google Adwords match type symbols to a list of keywords you provide.
- Hubspot Blog Title Generator — creates a list of blog titles using provided keywords.
- Canva — free quick design tool to create images for blog post headers and social media posts.
Social Media Monitoring & Measurement
Are there tools out there that you use that you’d like to share? Feel free to return the favor and let us know what your favorite tools are. Contact us anytime.
Advanced TrainingWe created Will Marlow Training to train staff and clients.