When Google makes up nearly 88% of searches online in the US alone (in the last year), we get pretty used to hearing: “Who even uses Bing anymore?”
The answer is: Actually, more than you might think. And discounting the platform and its associated advertising Microsoft (formerly Bing) Ads may just prove to be a major missed opportunity.
Here are 10 reasons you may want to consider Microsoft Ads for your business:
- Microsoft Ads reached 7% of searchers who are not reached through Google – that’s an audience of 22 Million+ people who you can’t reach through Google Ads.
- Bing has 3 different search engines: Bing, Yahoo, and AOL, so when you run ads on one, you’ll actually show on all three. This also means searchers on all Bing, Yahoo, and AOL owned and operated sites, as well as various partner sites (Like MSN, Yahoo Finance, etc.).
- Lack of competition makes highly competitive industries like Law, Career/Employment, Real Estate, and Manufacturing cheaper, in cost per click.
- In fact, the cost in Microsoft Ads is lower in general, spending 50-75% less than it’s Google campaign counterparts.
- 40% of Bing users are 35+, and nearly half of its users report an annual income of $75,000 per year (with a third of its audience reporting $100,000 income per year).
- Low search? No Problem. We find that Google will block keywords that have too low of search volume from being advertised on. Bing, has a significantly lower threshold on what is considered “Low Volume”.
- Functionally, Microsoft Ads is the same as Google Ads – you can even import your campaigns from Google Ads to Microsoft Ads, reducing time and hassle.
- There are some differences in the platforms. Extensions (image extensions) and capabilities (Quality score tracking all the way through the campaign level) that Google doesn’t have in the search network.
- Microsoft Ads has search audiences for keyword campaign targeting that Google does not (specific industry types for b2b targeting, while Google focuses on end-users for b2c).
- You can use LinkedIn Targeting to focus campaign efforts in Bing’s search network, using industry, Job Function, and companies to show ads to only the most relevant searches.
Like with most things, Microsoft Ads may not be for every business. But, ignoring it may be a substantial missed opportunity. Not sure if Microsoft Ads is right for your business? Come chat with us!
AdWords Keyword ROI Calculator
The ROI Calculator will help you pick the perfect keyword bid prices.
We created Royku to train marketers in data-driven marketing.